Monday 1 June 2009

Frozen Raspberry Yoghurt

A few days ago I mentioned that I would be posting a recipe for frozen raspberry yoghurt. Unfortunately, I don’t have many pictures to illustrate this, but here you go. Its very easy – try it today!IMG_4032 You will need:

1/2 cup orange juice

9-11 dessertspoons of white sugar (less sugar for more tart yoghurt, more for sweet – I used 11 this time, but will probably use 10 next time I make it)

A 350g pack of frozen raspberries (available in the freezer section of large supermarkets)

1 1/2 cups Greek yoghurt

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Heat half a cup of orange juice and the sugar over a low heat until all the sugar is dissolved.

2. Add the frozen raspberries (don’t worry about defrosting them first – I used them from frozen) to the orange juice and sugar.

3. Bring orange juice/sugar/raspberry mixture to the boil and then let it simmer for about 20 minutes over a medium heat until it has reduced to about half and is becoming quite syrupy/jam-like.

4. Pour the raspberry mixture into a clean bowl and set it aside to cool. I didn’t strain it to remove the seeds as I wanted it to have a bit texture – I’m not sure how it would work if you did remove the seeds.

5. When the raspberry mixture has cooled completely, add one and a half cups of Greek yoghurt to the bowl and beat until completely mixed together (I used an electric beater for this – much easier than by hand).

6. Pour into a shallow container and place, uncovered, in the freezer. After about 4 hours, beat gently with a fork to break up ice crystals and then place back in freezer for a few hours.

7. Eat!

Note – this doesn’t freeze solid, but to a sort of creamy consistency. Mine was fine when kept uncovered in the freezer for a few days. I can’t comment about after then – it was finished pretty quickly!

IMG_4029

No comments:

Post a Comment