Thursday 28 February 2013

Loss and Hope

Today is my due date. I did not plan to, but ended up spending a few minutes this morning taking time to grieve a baby I miscarried at 12 weeks pregnant a number of years ago. I don’t know whether this baby will come today or sometime in the next few days or will need to be induced, whether labour will go well or not, what labour will be like (apart from hard and painful – terms that are hard to quantify in a real way without having done it before), whether we’ll be okay, whether I’ll be a good parent, whether we’ll have a good baby. On the 13th January all those years ago, the day after my miscarriage, I made a note in my prayer diary of Isaiah 45:11-12, which says:

“Thus says the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and the one who formed him: “Ask me of things to come; will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands? I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.”

God was in control over that situation, and there is great peace, comfort and hope in knowing that He is in control as I wait in this situation.

3 comments:

  1. All the very best Becky!! Can't wait to hear the news of his arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, Becky! Didn't know you wrote one!! Love it!! Just wanted to let you know how very excited we are for you guys in this new adventure with little Samuel. I remember being at your house with you right after we had found out we were going to have Wyn, and I was so very aware that you had miscarried a while before that, and I just ached for you. The fear of miscarrying is something I struggled so hard with for the first several weeks of my pregnancy, and I have always felt so deeply for the friends I have who have experienced that painful reality. I am SO THANKFUL that you guys now have healthy little Samuel. I hope you are adjusting well to life as parents-- it gets better and better!! :) Love you both. --Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - we are loving little Sam. Love to all of you too!

      Delete